DAY 12: A monster that uses it’s beauty to lure in it’s prey.
Thought maybe the image on the front of it’s cloth changes depending on who looks at it. No one ever lasts long enough to see what’s underneath.
some radical facts about argonauts/paper nautiluses! (they aren’t even nautiluses)
- there are at least 7 different species of these guys and not a whole lot is known about their behavior in the wild. here are some shells:
- only the females make the shells, and they do it to protect their eggs. young females don’t have shells!
here’s a female secreting her shell:
- the males are teeny tiny lil punks and all they ever do with their lives is snap off their sperm-producing arm and give it to a female
- they live at great depths so the females actually take air into the shell from the surface to help give them neutral buoyancy. this is similar to the way a nautilus uses gas in its chambered shell! ~convergent evolution~
female argonaut getting air from the surface:
- in the 1800s people thought that the argonaut used its shell to float and its arms as sails (hence the name) and Jules Verne even put them doing that in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea like a dingus
look at them go.
What was expected.
What we got.
just as good
lucas bit my ass and this truly terrifying thing happened
cat wants to be held tight
it’s important to hug cats
This was PrincessJes’ Krampus present!!! She opened it so now I can show you. Meet Princess, the sparkliest eyeball plant I ever made. NOTHING BUT THE BEST (and sparkliest) FOR PRINCESS JES. <3
OH MY GOD I NEED THIS.
Working on some raymaids…? These are huge and it’s taking me forever to fill in… -_-
When the Chips Are Down - Anais Mitchell feat. The Haden Triplets
take when you can, give if you must
ain’t nobody but yourself to trust
WIP. Drew the idea of Skelita in a quinceanera style dress at work and really liked it.